- A YMCA certified lifeguard must be on duty for the pool to be open.
- Posted pool rules must be followed at all times.
- Youth under 6 years old must be accompanied by a parent.
- Swim tests are given to all youth. Colored wrist bands will be assigned to swimmers and non-swimmers. Non-swimmers are not allowed in the deep end of the pool.
- Non-swimmers that are shorter than chest deep in the shallow water must be within arms each of a parent or wear a lifejacket at all times.
- Inflatables are not allowed. This includes water wings. See rule 5.
- No diving.
- No food or drinks in pool area (except water).
- Proper swim attire is required.
- When thunder or lightning are present, the pool must be closed for 30 minutes after the last thunder/lightning is detected.